A2 exam preparation training
Prepare for the A2 exam with us!
Want to complete the A2 exam preparation training to obtain your official A2 licence and use your drones in special conditions?
Join us then!
Who is this course for?
- if you already have an A1/A3 drone pilot licence
- if you also want to explore new perspectives as a photographer/videographer in a residential area
- if you work with a modern and precise technology in construction
- if you are flying over agricultural land near a road
- if you want to learn about aviation meteorology at a basic level
About the course in general:
- Date: informal
- Form of participation: online*
- Duration: 2 hours 8 minutes
- Online A2 test exam at the end of the course
- Course fee: 30.000 HUF + VAT
- We will send you preparation material that you can watch several times in a row from the comfort of your home.
- The video can be viewed for 2 weeks
*Downloading, sharing or copying the video in any way is prohibited and will result in legal action. Please note that the IP address, time of visit and web browser type of the page containing the embedded video are logged for security reasons.
Topics of the course
The training covers three main units
- Basic meteorological knowledge
- UAS related knowledge
- Technical and operational ground risk reduction
1. Introduction, basic concepts
Any course is only truly effective if it starts from the basics. That’s why we start by introducing you to drone-related terminology, regulations, key international organisations and a breakdown of operational categories.
2. Meteorological knowledge
Aircraft are highly exposed to the weather, which is why it’s important to know everything and be prepared to deal with different weather situations in nature. The training covers the composition and materials of the atmosphere, dangerous meteorological elements, the most important facts about wind, wind speed and the effects of cyclones and fronts.
3. UAS general knowledge
In addition to general UAS knowledge, you will learn about the types of UA, its uses and purposes, its noise effects, how much weight it can lift, its range and how to control it. You will learn in more detail about the types and parameters of UA batteries.
4. Reducing ground risk
In this video you will learn how you can reduce operational and technical risk. You’ll learn what risk means in terms of drones, what navigation problems can occur, what obstacles you can encounter when flying over water, how to avoid errors in distance estimation and how to build a situational awareness.
+1. After the course, you will be able to practice for the exam on a test
After completing our video tutorial and online A2 test exam, you will be able to pass the A2 exam with confidence and be licensed to fly drones up to 4 kilograms in populated areas and on public roads under certain conditions.
You can apply for the exam after the training HERE.
About the A2 additional drone pilot exam
Drone pilots holding the A2 exam are entitled to operate C2 drones under certain conditions, according to point 4(b) of the Annex to Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/947 UAS.OPEN.020, which will enter into force on 1 January 2021. Category C2 includes unmanned aerial vehicles with a maximum take-off mass of between 900 grams and 4 kilograms. The restrictions include that the drone must maintain a horizontal separation of at least 30 metres from any external person and must not climb above 120 metres above the ground.